Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Birthday ponderings

Occasionally I'll wonder, in a very macro way, why I'm so intent on growing our own vegetables.   Yes, they are healthy, and they are healthiest when harvest is closest to eating.  And growing them near your kitchen means less or no costs in petrochemicals and other things.

But I've found validation!  Did you know that, out of everything sold in the supermarket, if you look at cost per calories... vegetable calories are the most expensive.  That's pretty ridiculous for health-conscious people.  Here's the link -- I spent a good amount of time pouring over the graphical charts.



Fun Fact for this post: it's my birthday!  And I just got serenaded.  Yeay my life.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday from bored!

(+, I suspect the bank will soon realise it's keen to take you up on your earlier offer.)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday you lovely lady you!

~Silvy

plot_thickens said...

Hi, Bored! Hi, Silvy! Gorsh, thanks you guys. *beams*

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to plot, happy birthday to plot! i heard you were 29 and holding-me, too! :)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to plot! heard you were 29 and holding? me, too. reb

plot_thickens said...

Hi, Reb! Yep, that sounds about right. Though if I'm your age, I got a lotta learning to do to catch up. ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Plot!

~Yhor

plot_thickens said...

Yhor, you are the hairiest muse a happy birthday girl could ever hope to have. *kiss onna cheek*